Thank you Dawn for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Really humbled and grateful that you’ve seen my blog as a beacon of positivity and creativity in the blogging community! Follow her blog, and check out the questions that I as a nominee have to answer below.
Dawn’s Blog: Drawing Closer To Christ
Here are the rules:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you.
• Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
Here are the questions for me:
1. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten or should I say attempted to eat?
Lowland paca, which is a type of rodent native to South America, Guyana specifically. But it was good!
2. What is the hardest thing you have overcome?
Low organization skills, which I’m still growing from.
3. What is the one thing you have to have every day?
Water, I never go a day without drinking water haha!
4. Why do you think it is so hard for most men to share their true feelings with the ones they love?
Multiple reasons really. They’re not encouraged to share their feelings in general, some were hurt when they shared their heart at some point, or they personally haven’t developed the language to articulate their feelings.
5. If you are married, what do you treasure the most about your spouse? If dating, what about the one you are seeing? If single, what are you looking for?
I’m dating. I treasure her commitment to Christ and her heart of service! These two things together inspires and challenges me whenever I witness them together. It is such a blessing to see and experience.
6. Where did the term, without using Google or any other search engine, by the skin of my teeth come from?
I wish I knew haha!
7. What are you passionate about and why?
I am truly passionate about how much God is involved in transforming our thinking. It never ceases to amaze me how intricate thought is, and how involved God is in it. I’m also very passionate about the intimacy with God that’s available to all of us!
8. What topics, if any, have you wanted to write about but haven’t because you feel your “fan base” would not approve?
I haven’t had that feeling thankfully.
9. Someone who has hurt you deeply in the past reaches out to you. They have done so to make amends because the Lord told them to. Do you forgive or do you tell them to bugger off?
I forgive them, no matter how difficult it may be. The Lord aint tryin to hear from me or forgive me, if I witheld forgiveness myself!
10. Now, let’s flip that question a little. The Lord tells you to reach out to someone you hurt in the past. Do you do so or do you ignore the prompting of the Holy Spirit out of fear?
You have to do it. Never a good idea to ignore the Holy Spirit because of fear. It’ll never go away.
11. Oh gosh, you are running late for work, grab a quick cup of coffee, get dressed quickly, slip on a pair of shoes and jet. When you arrive at work people snicker when you walk in because you slipped on two different pairs of shoes. What do you do?
First of all, tea. LOL! But if that ever happens, I just sigh and laugh haha! Get some pictures out of it
I nominate the following for this award!
Here are my twelve questions!
- What made you want to start a blog?
- What is the biggest accomplishment you’ve experienced as a writer/blogger?
- What place is #1 on your travel list?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Who is the audience you write for when writing?
- Who’s your favorite Biblical character? Why?
- What’s your favorite book genre?
- Where are you from?
- Is there a topic or story that you’re itching to write about now? What’s stopping you from writing it?
Every nominee on here I appreciate and celebrate your contributions as writers, and the impact you make on others with the work you create.
Categories: Random, reflection
Great answers Lamar! I enjoyed reading your responses. I have never had rodent before but glad you liked it. May God continue to bless you and your significant other as you grow together in Christ. 🤗
It is amazing how the Holy Spirit works to transform our thinking. Intimacy with the Lord is everything. That is a wonderful passion all of us Christians should have. I agree forgiveness towards others is key. God has forgiven us of so much!!🤗
Thanks again for sharing and participating! 🤗
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Dawn! Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the blessing on our relationship!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome Lamar!!
LikeLiked by 1 person